My favorite holiday.

Early this year, on January, I got to travel to Puerto Varas with my mom, my dad and my sister, and it has been my favorite vacation to date.

I was born in Puerto Montt and lived there till I was 10 years old. I spend most of my childhood there, enjoying the wintry weather, dressing up my barbies like "chilotas" and being surrounded by the beautiful landscapes of the area.

This year I got to visit the region after 13 years of not going there and it was like traveling in time.

We stayed on Puerto Varas, which is quite near Puerto Montt, right next to the Llanquihue lake. While I was there I visited the Osorno volcano, the Vicente Pérez Rosales national park and the Petrohué waterfalls. I've always loved nature so it was nice visiting these places, specially since I live in Santiago and there's not a lot of green around here, specially where I live.

My favorite day in the whole trip was when we went to Puerto Montt and visited all the places I used to go, like my old school, the house and neighborhood I lived in, the parks where I played games with my grandparents and the different streets we used to get around. I even remembered some stories from when I was 5 years old that not even my parents remembered. It was a nice trip down memory lane.

At the end of that day we had some tea and hot chocolate in one of our favorite restaurants. It's called Onces Bellavista and they serve the most delicious cakes and traditional German foods that I have ever tasted. If you ever are near Puerto Varas you need to go there to try their "once" and visit the lamas that will welcome you at the front.

One of the last places we visited was the Chiloé island, where we went to visit Dalcahue, Ancud and Castro. This are some of the town's and cities that were on my bucket list, so it was nice to check them out. The food, the people, the culture, everything was as magical as the island proclaims itself to be.

I was so happy at the end of this trip not only because of the great time I've had with my family, but also because it made me go back to when I was a little girl and remember where I came from. It gave me the motivation that I needed to start a brand new year.

Petrohué waterfalls 

The street I used to live in Puerto Montt

Onces Bellavista 

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Axolotls are fascinating!